Health Tip: Diabetes Can Harm Your Feet
-- Foot problems are common among people with diabetes. Even a simple injury can turn into a big problem if you don't catch and treat it quickly.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these typical foot problems:
- Developing nerve damage (neuropathy).
- Developing a change in the shape of your feet.
- Developing drying, peeling or cracking of the feet, which requires frequent moisturizing.
- Formation of calluses that may turn into open sores.
- Formation of sores that form from wearing shoes that don't fit properly.
- Having poor blood flow to the feet, which can lead to infection and slow healing.
Posted: June 2016
Recommended for you