Health Tip: Cut Down on Sugar
-- Too much sugar in your diet can lead to a host of health problems, from rotting your teeth to bulging your waistline.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to cut down on sugar:
- Avoid baked goodies, candy and other sweets.
- Stick to heart-healthy meals and snacks, focusing on whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink water instead of sugary beverages.
- Avoid processed foods, which tend to be high in sugar, salt and fat.
- Look for recipes that use less sugar, or use unsweetened applesauce or sugar substitutes.
Posted: February 2014