Health Tip: Coping With Scalp Psoriasis
-- If dry, itchy scalp psoriasis is bothering you, there are things you can do to help bring it under control.
The American Academy of Dermatology advises:
- Avoid scratching your scalp.
- Treat the psoriasis to minimize the itching.
- Be gentle when shampooing your hair; don't rub or scrub.
- Gently remove scales from the scalp, taking care not to pick them off. Talk to your dermatologist about a skin softener.
- Find healthy ways to manage stress.
Posted: June 2016