Health Tip: Coping With Menopausal Symptoms
-- Many women don't require special treatment for menopausal symptoms, the National Women's Health Information Center says.
The agency says some women may be helped by the following suggestions:
- Keep cool by avoiding spicy foods and hot beverages, caffeine, stress and being in warm temperatures.
- Use a vaginal lubricant to treat dryness.
- Get plenty of exercise (but not too close to bedtime).
- Eat a healthy diet, avoiding junk food.
- Get plenty of rest. Keep your bedroom dark, quiet and cool, and avoid a daytime nap.
Posted: December 2009