Health Tip: Cope With Hearing Difficulties at Work
-- A hearing problem can make it difficult to be productive at work.
The AARP offers advice on what to do if this applies to you:
- Ask for a desk that is away from background noise.
- Reduce noise reverberations by placing a small rug under your chair or by installing noise-absorbing panels on your walls.
- Request a phone with closed captioning or increased volume capability.
- Consider noise cancelling earbuds.
- Request an agenda before a meeting and a copy of the meeting notes afterward.
Posted: April 2018