Health Tip: Cope With Hearing Difficulties at Work
-- A hearing problem can make it difficult to be productive at work.
The AARP offers advice on what to do if this applies to you:
- Ask for a desk that is away from background noise.
- Reduce noise reverberations by placing a small rug under your chair or by installing noise-absorbing panels on your walls.
- Request a phone with closed captioning or increased volume capability.
- Consider noise cancelling earbuds.
- Request an agenda before a meeting and a copy of the meeting notes afterward.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: April 2018
Read this next
TUESDAY, Sept. 29, 2020 -- Isolation due to the pandemic and failure to get hearing aids checked has fueled anxiety, depression and more hearing loss for many seniors. "This has...
MONDAY, Sept. 28, 2020 -- When babies with hearing impairments get help very early in life, they are more likely to be "kindergarten-ready" when the time comes, a new study...
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 26, 2020 -- Even if they appear unresponsive, dying people may still be able to hear. That's the takeaway from a Canadian analysis of hospice patients in...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.