Health Tip: Controlling Oily Skin
-- Skin that is too oily can clog pores and lead to acne breakouts, says the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).
The academy says the key to healthy skin is maintaining its natural moisture without excess oil.
To control oily skin, the AAD recommends:
- Wash your face every morning, evening and after exercise.
- Choose skin care products labeled "oil free" and "noncomedogenic."
- Never use oil-based or alcohol-based cleansers.
- Apply moisturizer and use a daily foaming face wash.
- Avoid touching your face repeatedly. Use blotting paper.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2019
Read this next
SATURDAY, Sept. 19, 2020 -- Dealing with acne can be especially difficult for people of color, a skin expert says. Acne affects up to 50 million people in the United States each...
FRIDAY, Aug. 21, 2020 -- Hand-washing is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses, but for people with skin conditions like eczema, lathering up...
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 5, 2020 -- For most people, wearing a face mask is a harmless inconvenience, but wearing the coverings may cause skin problems for some, one dermatologist...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.