Health Tip: Control Your Blood Pressure
-- Uncontrolled high blood pressure is dangerous and could even lead to death, the American Heart Association says.
The AHA offers these suggestions for controlling high blood pressure:
- Know your numbers and identity your target blood pressure range.
- Work with your doctor to develop a plan to lower your pressure.
- Make lifestyle changes -- such as maintaining a healthy weight, eating a healthy diet, consuming less salt, getting regular exercise and limiting alcohol.
- Keep track of your blood pressure at home.
- Take any blood pressure medication your doctor prescribes.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2019
Read this next
SATURDAY, Oct. 17, 2020 -- To mark World Hypertension Day this Saturday, the American Heart Association offers advice on how to lower and control your blood pressure. High blood...
MONDAY, Oct. 5, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Blood pressure among adults decreased significantly during a 45-year period, according to new research that may offer...
MONDAY, Sept. 21, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- A test that measures blood flow changes in the brain shows people with high blood pressure are more likely to...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.