Health Tip: Conditions That May Trigger Pelvic Pain in Women
-- Women may have pain in the pelvic region for a number of reasons.
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers this list of potential causes:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Pain during menstruation, called dysmenorrhea.
- Endometriosis, when uterine tissue grows outside the uterus.
- Non-cancerous fibroids that affect the uterus.
- Problems with the urinary tract or digestive system.
- Problems affecting the muscles and bones.
Posted: December 2010
Recommended for you