Health Tip: Concerned About Urinary Incontinence?
-- Urinary incontinence is the inability to control the flow of urine. In addition to being a medical problem, it affects a person's behavior and overall well-being.
The Urology Care Foundation says possible causes of urinary incontinence include:
- A vaginal or urinary tract infection.
- Side effect of certain medications.
- A post-surgical reaction.
- Pregnancy or delivery of a child.
- An enlarged prostate.
- A disorder affecting the muscles, including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injury or stroke.
- Overactive bladder.
Posted: October 2013