Health Tip: In Chronic Pain?
-- If you have frequent pain, taking control of your condition and living a healthier lifestyle can help you cope.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice:
- Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and concerns.
- Research your condition and learn as much as possible about managing it.
- Give yourself time each day to relax. Practice stress management techniques, such as deep breathing.
- Set goals that you are able to reach, don't push yourself too hard and encourage yourself to do better.
- Cut down on alcohol, and stop smoking.
- Join a support group for those with chronic pain.
Posted: January 2013