Health Tip: Choosing a Pediatrician
- Choosing your child's pediatrician is an important decision. This physician could provide health care for your son or daughter throughout childhood and adolescence.
Here are suggestions, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association, to help you find the right pediatrician:
- Ask around for recommendations and referrals from friends and family members. Ask them for examples of why they like their pediatrician, and examples of positive experiences.
- Schedule an interview with several pediatricians, and come prepared with a list of questions.
- Choose a pediatrician who makes you feel comfortable, answers questions to your satisfaction, and with whom you have a good rapport.
- Make a list of criteria that are important to you, such as age, gender, experience and the doctor's affiliated hospital.
Posted: March 2008