Health Tip: Choosing the Appropriate Gym
--If you are considering joining a gym, it is important to determine what you are looking for before you sign a contract.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission suggests:
- Planning a visit at a time you would normally be using the gym to see how crowded it is.
- Evaluating how clean and well-maintained the facilities are.
- Asking about the number of members, the hours of operation, types of classes and the number of trainers.
- Reviewing the contract carefully.
- Searching for reviews online.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: May 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Among Mexican Americans, too much abdominal fat predicts the beginning of a buildup of plaque in the arteries called...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Obesity is tied to premature death, but researchers have found that weight-loss surgery can add a few years to your life. In a study involving more...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Limiting TV ads for sugary, salty and high-fat foods and drinks might help reduce childhood obesity, British researchers suggest. They looked at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.