Health Tip: Choose the Right Doctor
-- When you're looking for a new doctor, find someone you feel comfortable talking with, the U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests.
The agency offers these additional tips:
- Locate several doctors who meet your criteria.
- Read online reviews to understand how existing patients rate each doctor.
- Call each doctor's office and speak with the staff to get a feel for how the office operates.
- Make a list of relevant questions to ask each doctor if you do get together.
- After you meet with a doctor, evaluate the interaction and decide whether the physician meets your criteria.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2018
Read this next
By Michael Precker American Heart Association News WEDNESDAY, Oct. 21, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Centuries before bacon cheeseburgers, cigarettes and couch...
FRIDAY, Oct. 16, 2020 -- In what will come as reassuring news to those who were born with a heart defect, new research finds these people aren't at increased risk for moderate or...
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 -- Heart patients may face a greater chance of cardiovascular complications after having major surgery that doesn't involve the heart, new research...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.