Health Tip: Choose Protective Sunglasses
-- It is important to protect your eyes from sun-related ultraviolet damage.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests how:
- Choose sunglasses that block at least 99 percent of both UV-A and UV-B rays.
- Wear sunglasses every day, even when it's cloudy.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat to block UV rays from affecting your eyes from the sides and above the glasses.
- Some contact lenses also have UV blocking. Ask your eye doctor about how much protection your contact lenses provide.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2018
Read this next
SATURDAY, July 25, 2020 -- Most American parents know that sunscreen is important for their children, but there are gaps in their knowledge of its proper use, a new survey...
THURSDAY, July 23, 2020 -- With much of the United States blanketed by a heat wave this week, the American Red Cross offers some survival tips. Each year, extreme heat kills more...
SATURDAY, July 11, 2020 -- When you're outside this summer, be sure to protect yourself from the sun, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends. Skin cancer is the...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.