Health Tip: Childproof Your Home
-- Childproofing a home is important even after your little one reaches toddlerhood.
KidsHealth.org offers these suggestions to make your home safer for kids of all ages:
- Keep guns locked in a sturdy cabinet.
- Keep coin lithium ("button") batteries out of a child's reach. They may be deadly if swallowed.
- Keep choking hazards,poisonous substances, hot and sharp items out of reach.
- Have a child use safety glasses if involved in activities such as woodworking, science experiments involving chemicals, racquetball or paintball.
- Never leave young kids unattended in a bath.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2017
Read this next
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- As the air people breathe gets dirtier, their odds for serious neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other dementias rises,...
MONDAY, Oct. 19, 2020 -- New parents preparing a bottle for their baby should know the infant may ingest unwanted microplastics along with the nourishing formula, a new study...
TUESDAY, Oct. 6, 2020 -- The sting of fire ants can be painful and even deadly -- and the threat rises during fall across the southeastern United States. At this time of year,...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.