Health Tip: Take a Childbirth Class
- A childbirth class can provide moms-to-be with lots of useful information and help reduce the fear and uncertainty often associated with giving birth.
The American Pregnancy Association mentions these benefits of childbirth classes:
- You will learn about options and methods to help control pain, including medications, massage, breathing and relaxation techniques.
- The information and experiences you share can help you feel more confident about your body being able to handle childbirth.
- Talking about your fears, questions and expectations with other participants can help relieve anxiety and better prepare you.
- The shared experience can help create a stronger bond between you and your partner.
- Taking a tour of the hospital where you plan to have your baby (often where the class is offered) allows you to become familiar with the environment, observe the staff and ask questions.
Posted: March 2008
Recommended for you