Health Tip: CBD Oil Fast Facts
-- Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD oil, is a chemical in marijuana.
It's increasingly popular among people looking for muscle relaxation and anxiety reduction. But researchers still have a lot to learn about the substance.
MedlinePlus reminds consumers that:
- There is insufficient evidence on CBD's effectiveness for most conditions.
- Some medications cannot be taken with CBD.
- Side effects range from dry mouth to drowsiness.
- CBD does not contain the psychoactive component of marijuana.
- Proper dosages have yet to be defined.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2019
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.