Health Tip: What Causes Corns
-- Corns are painful calluses that form on the toes from friction, making walking or wearing shoes uncomfortable.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these common causes of corns:
- Wearing shoes that are too tight or too loose.
- Having an abnormality of the toe, such as a claw toe or hammer toe.
- Wearing high-heeled shoes.
- Having a seam or stitch on the inside of a shoe that rub against a toe.
- Wearing poorly fitting socks.
Posted: October 2010