Health Tip: Caring for Your Epi-Pen
-- An epi-pen may be a lifesaving injection for a person with severe allergies. But the device must be cared for and stored properly.
Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) suggests how to care for your epi-pen:
- Store it away from direct light.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not refrigerate it or allow it to freeze.
- Do not store it in a car, since temperatures can fluctuate drastically.
- Check your epi solution periodically. If it becomes pinkish or darker than a slight yellow, it may be less effective.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2018
Read this next
MONDAY, Oct. 12, 2020 -- Teens who had asthma and food hypersensitivity when they were younger are at increased risk of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), researchers report. For...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 7, 2020 -- Accidents happen, and being prepared for an emergency room visit could help speed treatment and reduce anxiety if the need occurs, an expert says. The...
TUESDAY, Oct. 6, 2020 -- This Halloween may be especially challenging for parents of children with asthma and allergies, as they also have to guard against COVID-19. "Every year...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.