Health Tip: Caring for Dentures
-- Dentures are false teeth that can be easily taken out or put back in a person's mouth.
While they'll never feel exactly like a person's real teeth, they'll make it easier for a person to eat, and will fill space that was once occupied by actual pearly whites.
The American Dental Association mentions these denture-care suggestions:
- Place dentures in water or in a denture cleanser when they are not being worn. This will help dentures retain their shape, remain pliable and prevent them from drying out.
- Dentures should never be placed in hot water, which can cause them to warp.
- Don't use bleach or powdered household cleansers to clean dentures. These abrasives can damage dentures.
- An adhesive is not a remedy for ill-fitting dentures, which may need to be relined or replaced.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2018
Read this next
SUNDAY, Oct. 11, 2020 - - COVID-19 may change the look of Halloween this year, but dressing up and indulging in some sweets is all part of the fun, even if your kids can't go door...
MONDAY, Sept. 28, 2020 -- Seniors who take depression and anxiety drugs shouldn't be prescribed opioid painkillers by their dentist because it puts them at increased risk for...
THURSDAY, Sept. 24, 2020 -- Dentists are drilling down on another worrying trend related to the coronavirus: more cracked teeth. Like sleepless nights and stomach jitters, teeth...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.