Health Tip: Can't Sleep?
-- Everyone has an occasional restless night, but persistent insomnia can make you both sick and tired.
The National Sleep Foundation says a number of medications can lead to insomnia. Here's a list of the most common examples:
- Cold and allergy medications.
- High blood pressure medications.
- Medications to treat heart disease.
- Medications to treat thyroid problems.
- Birth control.
- Asthma medications.
- Medications to manage pain.
- Medications for depression, particularly SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors).
Posted: September 2009
Recommended for you