Health Tip: Can't Clear Your Acne?
-- If you're having little success in clearing your acne, experts say you shouldn't give up hope.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- If you're trying a new treatment, give it time to work before you try something else. You should see some improvement in four-to-six weeks.
- Always follow the instructions on any medication or skin care product.
- Don't scrub or pick at your skin. Avoid touching it repeatedly.
- Use products labeled "oil-free," "non-comedogenic" or "non-acnegenic" that shouldn't clog pores.
- Use acne medication on any area prone to a breakout, not just on active blemishes.
- Regularly wash pillowcases, hats and anything that touches your face.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: August 2017