Health Tip: Buying Eggs
-- Before bringing home a carton of eggs, check them in the store to be sure they're safe to eat.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture advises:
- Only buy pasteurized eggs/egg products. Make sure the package has the USDA inspection mark.
- Inspect the package to make sure it's tightly sealed.
- If buying frozen egg products, make sure there are no signs of thawing.
- Make sure all refrigerated egg products are stored at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
- Inspect dried egg products for signs of hardening or caking.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: April 2017