Health Tip: Build Your Child's Healthy Plate
-- What better way to ensure that your child eats nutritious foods than to build a healthy plate?
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Serve brightly-colored veggies next to something plain, such as rice. Or serve vegetables or salad as an appetizer before the main course.
- Offer a variety of lean proteins, such as lean beef, poultry or fish. If you offer something new, serve it alongside a familiar favorite.
- Include whole-grain bread, pasta or cereal.
- Offer water or low-fat milk with meals, instead of soda or juice.
- Set a good example by eating healthy yourself.
Posted: November 2016
Recommended for you