Health Tip: Broken Nose Care
-- After breaking your nose, you should rest, ice it and keep your head elevated, says MedlinePlus.
When caring for a broken nose at home, MedlinePlus reminds people:
- Do not remove any packing or splints unless instructed by your doctor.
- Take hot showers to breathe in the steam.
- Clean the inside of your nose with a cotton swab.
- Avoid heavy lifting and sports until your nose heals.
- If you take any medicine nasally, talk to your doctor first.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: September 2019
Read this next
FRIDAY, July 3, 2020 -- Having multiple surgeries for cleft lip and palate doesn't appear to have a major impact on children's mental health, a new study shows. But there may be...
THURSDAY, June 4, 2020 -- Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, it's become clear that many people with the infection lose their sense of smell and taste. And doctors are...
THURSDAY, May 14, 2020 -- Sense of smell most often diminishes by the third day of infection with the new coronavirus, and many patients also lose their sense of taste at the same...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.