Health Tip: Bike Safely
-- Following the rules of the road and wearing protective gear can reduce your risk of a serious biking injury.
The U.S. National Safety Council recommends:
- Following all traffic laws.
- Understanding the limits of your bike.
- Biking in a single-file line in the same direction as traffic.
- Watching for dangers such as open car doors.
- Using hand signals when you turn.
- Looking left, right, left again and over your shoulder before biking into traffic.
- Riding only during daylight hours and wearing bright clothing. If you must ride at night, make sure your clothing is reflective and your bike has reflectors on the spokes, front, rear and pedals.
- Equipping your bike with a bright headlight, a rear-view mirror and a horn.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2017