Health Tip: Be Aware of Autumn Driving Hazards
-- Autumn is a particularly dangerous time to be out driving. The days are getting shorter, the weather can be unpredictable and wet leaves frequently cover the roads.
The American Association of Retired Persons suggests these Autumn driving tips:
- Watch for kids. They may line the streets waiting for buses, biking or walking.
- Drive earlier. The days are getting shorter, and as we age, our night vision weakens.
- Watch for deer and other wildlife, which may find the cooler days and nights more suitable for mating.
- Be careful of damp leaves and wet spots in the road.
- Check your vehicle's tires for adequate tread and air pressure.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
THURSDAY, Oct. 1, 2020 -- Preventing falls in older age could be as fun as dancing them away, new research shows. Researchers found a 31% reduction in falls and a 37% reduction...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.