Health Tip: Avoiding Animal Bites
-- Wild animals seldom bite people unless they are threatened or sick, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. Most animal bites are caused by a pet -- yours or someone else's.
To help prevent animal bites, the CDC suggests:
- Never pet or feed an animal that you don't know.
- If your child is near an animal, watch the child closely.
- Spay your dog, which should make the dog less aggressive.
- Vaccinate your pets against rabies.
- Wear boots and long pants if you're anywhere near poisonous snakes.
Posted: August 2017