Health Tip: Avoid Unnecessary Eating
-- Eating when you're not hungry, or simply bored, can make those unnecessary calories add up.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these common cues that may trigger "mindless" eating:
- Seeing your favorite snacks in the pantry or cabinet.
- Watching TV.
- Sitting near a vending machine at work.
- Having a stressful meeting.
- Feeling tired or bored, and looking for food as a "pick-me-up."
- Having no plan for making dinner when you get home from work.
- Going through a drive-thru food or coffee line each day.
Posted: June 2011
Recommended for you