Health Tip: Avoid Holiday Overeating
- It's especially easy to overeat during the holiday season.
Here are suggestions on how to avoid overindulging in food, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- Eat just an appetizer for your meal, as portion sizes usually are smaller than entrees.
- If you order an entrée at a restaurant or are served a meal at someone's home, try splitting the portion with someone else.
- When you get your meal, immediately set aside half of it to take home and eat later.
- Don't feel like you have to eat everything in front of you -- when you start to get full, stop.
Posted: November 2007