Health Tip: Is Arthritis Affecting Your Hip?
-- Slowing down with occasional aches and pains in your hip may be a common sign of aging. But other symptoms may indicate hip arthritis.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says warning signs of hip arthritis include:
- Pain that starts in the thigh or groin and extends to the knee or buttock.
- Pain that worsens when you exercise vigorously.
- Difficulty bending at the hip.
- Difficulty walking.
- A grinding sound or sensation in the joint, or a tendency for the hip to stick or lock in place.
- Reduced range of motion of the hip joint, causing a limp.
- Joint pain that worsens when it rains.
Posted: July 2016