Health Tip: Applying Eye Drops
-- Applying eye drops without the excess trickling down your face can be tricky.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology suggests:
- Wash your hands, then take the bottle of eye drops and slowly rotate it for 30 seconds.
- Lean your head back and gently pull down the lower eyelid. Use your index finger to pull down the lid, or use your thumb and index finger to gently pinch the lower lid.
- Taking care to avoid the dropper touching your eye, let one drop fall into the pocket formed in your lower eyelid. If you are supposed to use more than one drop, wait three to four minutes before applying the second one.
- Close your eyes for a minute, then put gentle pressure over the spot where your eyelid joins with your nose. Replace the cap on the bottle.
- Use a tissue to wipe away any extra medicine, and wash your hands again.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: May 2017