Health Tip: Apply Bug Spray Properly
-- Keeping you and your kids itch-free by applying bug repellant can also keep away nasty mosquito-borne diseases, such as Zika and West Nile.
Here's how to apply bug spray properly, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says:
- Follow the product label's instructions carefully.
- Do not apply bug spray to the eyes, nose or mouth.
- Put repellant on your own hands, then apply to a child's face and neck.
- Don't use bug spray on an open wound or irritated skin.
- Don't use bug spray on babies who are less than 2 months old.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: August 2017