Health Tip: When an Animal Bites You
-- Since animal bites can lead to infection, rabies or internal injury, they should always be taken seriously.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says it's time to visit the doctor if an animal bite shows these signs:
- Heat or warmth to the touch.
- Swelling around the bite.
- Pain around the bite.
- Pus discharge.
- Red skin surrounding a bite.
- Difficulty straightening or bending a finger.
- Numbness at the tip of a finger.
Posted: February 2010
Recommended for you