Health Tip: Amusement Park Safety
-- Ferris wheels and roller coasters are summer staples for many. Unfortunately, more than 30,000 emergency room visits in 2016 were linked to amusement parks and carnivals, says the University of Michigan.
The school encourages parents to:
- Speak up if park employees are exhibiting unsafe behaviors.
- Only let your child ride if the child meets height and age requirements.
- Have an action plan ready if kids become separated.
- Revisit "stranger danger" tips before a park visit.
- Stay hydrated and eat something substantial.
- Don't wear baggy clothing.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: August 2019
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
THURSDAY, Oct. 1, 2020 -- Preventing falls in older age could be as fun as dancing them away, new research shows. Researchers found a 31% reduction in falls and a 37% reduction...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.