Health Tip: Alzheimer's and the Holidays
The U.S. National Institute on Aging offers holiday suggestions for Alzheimer's caregivers:
- Show a photo of a holiday guest to the person a week before the guest's arrival. Each day, explain who the visitor is while showing the photo.
- Before the visitor arrives, set up a phone call between your loved one and the visitor.
- Stick to daily routines as much as possible.
- Give the person with Alzheimer's plenty of time to rest.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2017
Read this next
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- As the air people breathe gets dirtier, their odds for serious neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other dementias rises,...
MONDAY, Oct. 19, 2020 -- Older adults who get together with friends, volunteer or go to classes have healthier brains, which could help them ward off dementia, according to a new...
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 -- Offering fresh insight into the deep-seated roots of dementia, new research finds that diminished blood flow to the brain is tied to buildup a protein...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.