Health Tip: Add Essential Fatty Acids to Your Diet
- Since Omega-3 fatty acids aren't produced by the body, it's important to stock your diet with plenty of foods rich in these essential nutrients.
The University of Maryland Medical Center says the following foods are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids:
- Cold-water, oily fish like salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines and halibut.
- Flaxseeds and flaxseed oils.
- Canola oil, perilla seed oil and purslane.
- Walnuts and walnut oil, pumpkin seeds and pumpkin oil, and soybeans and soybean oil.
Posted: October 2007