Health Tip: 6 Suggestions For a Healthier New Year
-- Many a new year's resolution centers around living a healthier lifestyle.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests what you can do to succeed in your resolve:
- Make an appointment for a check-up,vaccination or screening. Regular dental and medical exams can find problems before symptoms emerge.
- Wash hands often with soap and water to prevent spreading germs.
- Make healthier food choices.
- Aim for at least 2.5 hours of moderate intensity exercise each week.
- Quit smoking.
- Get at least seven hours of sleep a night.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 29, 2020 -- You might be onto something if you suspect your mental and physical health declined during the COVID-19 lockdown earlier this year. Stay-at-home orders...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 -- Many aspects of daily living can trigger stress. But for Black women, everyday stressors plus racial discrimination and a specific genetic mutation may...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 -- Strokes can happen any time, anywhere and at any age, which is why it's important to know how to reduce your risk, says the American Stroke...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.