Health Tip: 5 Ways to Increase Self-Confidence
-- Do you have lingering feelings of self-doubt, insecurity and incompetence, despite evidence that you are skilled and successful?
The American Psychological Association calls this "imposter syndrome."
Here are the organization's suggestions for beating imposter syndrome:
- If all fingers point to your doing a great job at work, ignore any self-doubt.
- Stop feeling guilty and celebrate your success.
- Understand that many people feel this way.
- Even if you don't feel confident, pretend you do.
- Embrace your feelings, which should help you stay motivated. Keep learning and working hard.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 2020 -- Kids growing up in poverty show the effects of being poor as early as age 5 -- especially those who are Black, a new study suggests. The research adds to...
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- Marijuana is fast becoming a favorite medication among older Americans, a new study finds. Cannabis is being used to ease problems such as pain, sleep...
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- COVID-19, health care, the economy, systemic racism and the presidential election are a threat to the nation's mental health, according to an American...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.