Conceivex At-Home Conception Kit Puts Couples in Control of Their Fertility
Conceivex, the New FDA-Cleared System Increases Chance of Becoming Pregnant Without Drugs or Invasive Procedures
SARANAC, Mich., March 22, 2007 -- More than seven million Americans struggle with fertility issues each year(1) and until recently have had few options beyond expensive drugs or very expensive, invasive medical procedures. Now, there's a way for couples to increase their chance of becoming pregnant. The U.S. Food and Drug and Administration (FDA) has just granted 510(k) clearance to the Conceivex Conception Kit, the first and only comprehensive reproductive healthcare system designed for couples to use in the privacy of their own home.
"With one in eight couples in America experiencing difficulty becoming pregnant(2), many are desperate for an affordable solution that can fill the gap between wishing and more invasive procedures, which can cost between $1,500 and $20,000 per attempt. The Conception Kit is the only FDA-cleared reproductive healthcare system that does not involve drugs or invasive procedures and can increase a couple's chance of having a baby," said Dr. Charles Barker, Jr., DO, a Board Certified Family Practice Physician and Conceivex Medical Advisory Board member.
About the Conception Kit
The Conception Kit contains fertility prediction tools, semen collectors and the only FDA-cleared cervical cap for conception, which are designed to be used together for up to three months in order to enhance a couple's opportunity to conceive. The cornerstone of the kit is the Conception Cap, which brings the semen in direct contact with the cervix for four to six hours, thereby increasing the opportunity for sperm to move into the uterine cavity and fertilize an egg. Each element of the kit works together to address the more common male and female issues that interfere with conception, including low sperm count, reduced sperm motility, a tilted cervix, timing ovulation, a hostile vaginal environment and a couple's position during sex.
"For many couples facing fertility issues, the stress and anxiety associated with lengthy treatments and failed attempts can be overwhelming. The Conception Kit is designed to put couples back in control of their family planning by empowering them with valuable tools, information that is easy to understand, and a straight forward step-by-step process that enhances their chance of becoming pregnant, all in the privacy of their own home," said Barker.
In addition to the three-month supply of patented Conception Caps, the Conception Kit includes a broad range of conception-related information, three non-latex semen collectors, 24 ovulation predictors, two conception timing wheels, three pregnancy test kits, a medical provider note, an instruction manual and a journal to record an individual's progress. The kit also includes three packages of a sperm-friendly intimate moisturizer to ensure maximum comfort during intercourse.
How It Works
The Conception Kit helps couples through an easy step-by-step process for couples to use at home as part of their reproduction routine:
- Step One: Decide when you would like to become pregnant using the conception timing wheel.
- Step Two: Record details of menstrual cycle in the conception journal.
- Step Three: Using the ovulation predictor, identify the most fertile day in a given month.
- Step Four: Enjoy sex as normal, using the semen collector and sperm friendly intimate moisturizer.
- Step Five: Immediately transfer the semen from the semen collector into the Conception Cap.
- Step Six: Place the Conception Cap over the cervix.
- Step Seven: Remove the Conception Cap after 4 to 6 hours.
- Step Eight: At the end of your cycle, use the pregnancy test kit to determine if pregnancy has been achieved.
How to Obtain the Conception Kit
More than four million babies are born each year in America(3), but it's not always easy to conceive. Couples who want to learn more about conception and ways to improve their chances of becoming pregnant can visit www.conceptionkit.com. The Conception kit is available through healthcare providers or for purchase online with a valid prescription. The Conception Kit is $299.95.
(1) Source: National Center for Health Statistics of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(2) Source: National Center for Health Statistics of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(3) Source: National Center for Health Statistics of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Posted: March 2007