Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack
Generic Name: clotrimazole vaginal (kloe TRIM a zole)
Brand Name: Clotrimazole-3, Gyne-Lotrimin, Gyne-Lotrimin 3 Day
What is Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal)?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication that fights infections caused by fungus.
Clotrimazole vaginal (for use in the vagina) is used to treat vaginal candida (yeast) infections.
Clotrimazole vaginal may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What is the most important information I should know about Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal)?
Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal)?
You should not use clotrimazole vaginal if you are allergic to it.
If this is the first time you have ever had symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection, ask your doctor before using clotrimazole vaginal.
Tell your doctor if you have had more than 3 vaginal infections within 6 months. Frequent vaginal yeast infections that do not clear up with treatment may be a sign of a more serious condition.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist if it is safe for you to use this medicine if you have other medical conditions, especially:
fever, chills, pain in your back or shoulder;
stomach pain, vomiting;
foul-smelling vaginal discharge;
HIV or AIDS.
FDA pregnancy category B. Clotrimazole vaginal is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Do not use clotrimazole vaginal without medical advice if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give this medicine to a child younger than 12 years old without medical advice.
How should I use Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal)?
Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Wash your hands before and after using this medication.
Insert the tablet, suppository, or cream into the vagina using the applicator as directed.
Use this medicine for the full prescribed length of time, even during your menstrual period. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. If the infection does not clear up, or if it appears to get worse, see your doctor.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 3 days of treatment, or if they last longer than a week. Tell your doctor right away if you have a skin rash or hives, stomach pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
You can use a sanitary napkin to prevent the medication from staining your clothing but do not use a tampon.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while using Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal)?
Do not have sexual intercourse. This medicine will not prevent the infection from spreading to your partner. Clotrimazole topical can also cause damage to a condom or a diaphragm. These forms of birth control may be less effective if you use them during treatment.
Avoid getting this medicine in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Avoid wearing tight-fitting, synthetic clothing that doesn't allow air circulation. Wear clothing made of loose cotton and other natural fibers until the infection is healed.
Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal) side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have new or worsening vaginal symptoms.
Common side effects may include:
slight increase in vaginal discomfort (burning, itching, irritation).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What other drugs will affect Gyne-Lotrimin Combo Pack (clotrimazole vaginal)?
There may be other drugs that can interact with clotrimazole vaginal. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
More about Gyne-Lotrimin (clotrimazole topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives
Related treatment guides
Where can I get more information?
- Your pharmacist can provide more information about clotrimazole vaginal.
- Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
- Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 5.01. Revision Date: 2014-11-25, 12:00:23 PM.