Daily MedNews - July 2017
July 1, 2017
July 2, 2017
July 3, 2017
- Health Tip: Are My Toddler's Eating Habits Normal?
- Health Tip: Reap the Benefits of Intense Exercise
- Is Your Child's 'Penicillin Allergy' Real?
- Probiotic Supplements Failed to Prevent Babies' Infections
- Widening 'Race Gap' in U.S. Infant Deaths
- Concussion Can Spur Short-Term Change in Women's Periods
- Can Your Heartburn Meds Shorten Your Life?
July 4, 2017
- Health Tip: Packing for a Picnic
- Health Tip: Bike Safely
- 7 Ways to Cut 50 Calories Every Day
- Guard Against Hearing Loss From Fireworks
- Is Shingles Tied to Heart, Stroke Risk?
- How to Keep Your Kids Out of the ER This Summer
July 5, 2017
- Health Tip: When Summer Heat Gets Intense
- Health Tip: Seek Safety From Lightning
- Health Highlights: July 5, 2017
- Soft Contact Lenses Safe for Kids and Teens, Review Finds
- No Such Thing as Menstrual Memory Fog
- Why Chopping Onions Makes You Cry
- Take A New View of Yoga
- A Cheaper Alternative to Hearing Aids?
- FDA Widens Access to 'Cooling Cap' to Stop Hair Loss in Cancer Patients
- 'Simple 7' Steps Can Help Improve Blood Pressure in Blacks
- Severe Head Injury May Raise Dementia Risk Years Later
- Nerve Zap Unlikely to Ease Low Back Pain
- Sleep Problems: An Early Warning Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Do Blacks, Hispanics Get Low Quality Hospice Care?
- Half of Opioid Prescriptions Go to People With Mental Illness
- Swimming Lessons: For Starters, Watch Out for Germs in the Water
- Exercise Can Keep Obese Seniors on the Go
July 6, 2017
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for a Herniated Disk?
- Health Tip: Yoga Before Bed
- Health Highlights: July 6, 2017
- Fewer Heart Failure Patients Dying of Cardiac Arrest
- Getting Over Guilt
- Bullying Takes Financial Toll on U.S. School Districts
- Laughter May Be a Serious Evolutionary Tool
- Many Parts of the World Lack Soap for Hand-Washing
- Opioids a Threat to Seniors With COPD
- Blood Shortage Prompts Call for Donations
- Could a Sweet Tooth in Pregnancy Spur Allergies in Kids?
- Cancer Deaths Higher in Rural America, CDC Reports
- Smoking Skyrockets in Movies Aimed at Young: Study
- U.S. Opioid Prescriptions Fall, But Numbers Still High: CDC
- Are Doctors Discarding Donor Kidneys That Could Save Lives?
- Dying May Not Be as Awful an Experience as You Think
July 7, 2017
- Health Highlights: July 7, 2017
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Vegetarian Meal
- Health Tip: Do I Need a Zika Test?
- Most Relationships Survive Struggles With Infertility
- Shortage of Bee, Wasp Venom Extract Stings Those With Allergies
- 2 of 3 Americans Don't Have 'Advance Directive' for End of Life
- The Neighborhood Sandbox: A Breeding Ground for Germs
- Exercising Safely With Diabetes
- Guys, a Noisy Bedroom May Not Be Good for Your Fertility
- Recurring Intestinal Infections on the Rise in U.S.: Study
- Parkinson's Disease and Melanoma May Occur Together, Study Finds
- FDA Approves New Drug, Endari, for Sickle Cell Disease
- Keep Legionnaire's Disease From Spoiling Your Vacation
- Seniors' Lungs Can Tackle Exercise
July 8, 2017
July 9, 2017
July 10, 2017
- Health Tip: When Air Quality is Poor
- Medication Mistakes Have Doubled in U.S. Since 2000: Study
- Health Tip: Don't Pass the Salt, Please
- Health Highlights: July 10, 2017
- For Holocaust Survivors, Raised Risk of Cancer
- Sugary Drinks in Pregnancy Tied to Heavier Kids Later
- Reset Your Taste Buds for Less Sugar
- Living With Purpose May Help Seniors Sleep Soundly
- Most Medicaid Recipients Happy With Their Health Care: Survey
- Dad-to-Be's Age Can Affect Fertility Treatment Success
- More U.S. Patients Are Recording Their Doctor Visits
- Lumosity Brain-Training Didn't Boost Thinking Skills: Study
- Most Breast Cancer Patients Have Help Choosing Treatments
- How Poor Sleep Might Raise Odds for Alzheimer's
- Fatal First-Time Heart Attacks More Common in Blacks: Study
- Can a Spritz of 'Love Hormone' Help Kids With Autism?
- Daily Jolt of Java May Bring Longer Life
- New Hope in Search for Vaccine Against Gonorrhea
- Viagra Might Make for a Safer, More Effective Stent
July 11, 2017
- Health Tip: Take Care of Kids Exercising in Summer Heat
- Health Tip: Parenting a College Freshman
- Health Highlights: July 11, 2017
- Easier Colon Exam Boosts Screening, But Insurers May Not Pay
- Do Moms Who Smoke in Pregnancy Raise Their Odds for a Troubled Teen?
- Pregnancy Complication Costs U.S. Billions
- Early Parkinson's May Prompt Vision Problems
- How to Prevent Future Couch Potatoes
- JFK's Long, Silent Struggle With Back Pain
- Malaria Drug Protected Mouse Fetus From Zika: Study
- Med Switch Not Always Best Choice With Tough Depression
- CPAP Mask Not a Prescription for Heart Troubles
- Docs Should Counsel Even Healthy People on Diet, Exercise, Experts Say
- Did Grandpa's Insomnia Serve an Evolutionary Purpose?
July 12, 2017
- Health Tip: If Lifestyle Interferes With Sleep
- Health Tip: Battling Muscle Cramps?
- Health Highlights: July 12, 2017
- Weighing Portions Adds Up to Weight Loss
- Too Few Children Get EpiPen When Needed: Study
- Walking Rates Are Key to a Country's Obesity Levels
- Climate Change Delivers 'Double Whammy' to 4 in 10 Americans
- No Sign That Antidepressants in Pregnancy Harm Kids' Brains: Study
- New Test May Help Spot Pancreatic Cancer Early
- Does Stress Intensify Harms Done By Chemical Exposure in Pregnancy?
- Taking the Stairs May Soon Get Easier
- Breast-Feeding May Lower Risk of MS, Study Says
- CT Scans Might Help Gauge Heart Attack Risk
- Fewer U.S. Dollars Spent on Cardiac Arrest Research: Study
- Many High School Principals Know Little About Concussions
- Better Diet, Longer Life?
- Painkiller Prescriptions More Prone to Errors If Handwritten
- FDA Panel OKs What May Soon Be First Gene Therapy Approved in U.S.
July 13, 2017
- Health Tip: Getting Toddlers to Try New Foods
- Health Tip: Learn About Pasteurization
- Health Highlights: July 13, 2017
- When Opinions Threaten Friendships
- Genes May Explain Why Kids With Autism Avoid Eye Contact
- Study Spots Cause of Global Outbreak of Infections Tied to Heart Surgeries
- 'Observation' Best Option for Most Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Are Big Men More Prone to Aggressive Prostate Cancer?
- Painkiller Misuse Remains a Pressing Problem Across U.S.
- Experimental Vaccines Might Shield Fetus From Zika
- Ending U.S. Opioid Abuse Epidemic Will Take Years: Report
- PTSD After Head Injury May Signal Brain Changes
- Quitting Smoking Can Bring Healthier Sinuses Years Later: Study
- Revised Senate Bill Would Allow Bare-Bones Health Plans
- Boxers, MMA Fighters May Face Long-Term Harm to Brain: Study
- White Collar Workers at Higher Odds of Death From ALS, Parkinson's
- Thyroid Problems May Make Things Worse for Dialysis Patients
July 14, 2017
- Health Tip: Boosting Your Memory
- Health Tip: At Risk of Heat Illness?
- Health Highlights: July 14, 2017
- Working Too Much Might Tip Heart Into Irregular Rhythm
- After Couples Fight, Making Up Differs for Him and Her
- Despite Warnings, Kids Are Still Dying in Hot Cars
- 4 Ways to Look Younger Longer
- Asthma Control Essential in Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- New Diabetes Treatment Teaches Rogue Immune Cells to Behave
- Our Gorilla Cousins Harbor Mono-Like Virus, Too
- Timing Is Everything With Heart Attacks
- Sound Sleep May Help You Junk the Junk Food
- Lower Back Injuries Plague Many Athletes
July 15, 2017
July 16, 2017
July 17, 2017
- Health Tip: Check the Water Before Swimming
- Health Tip: Balancing Stress at Work
- Many Americans Unaware of This Year's Heavy Tick Season: Poll
- Health Highlights: July 17, 2017
- Smart Steps for Sun Protection
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Odds for Obesity?
- 9/11 Survivors More Likely to Have Heart, Lung Diseases
- A Healthy Diet May Help Ward Off Dementia
- Parents, Get Your Teens Their Vaccines!
- Big Baby, Heavier Kid?
- Can Daily Crossword Protect You From Dementia?
- Impaired Eyesight May Be First Sign of Zika Damage in Babies
- Not All Plant Foods Are Equal
- McCain's Recovery Time After Surgery Uncertain, Experts Say
- Some Medicines Boost Sensitivity to Sun
- Not All Fidos Are Friendly
- Teens Keep Building Bone After They Stop Growing: Study
- Health Bill Flatlining as 2 More GOP Senators Defect
July 18, 2017
- Health Tip: Eating Well
- Health Tip: Protect Your Eyes During Summer
- Health Highlights: July 18, 2017
- Many People Can't Spot a Faked Photo, Study Finds
- Can Poor Sleep Boost Odds for Alzheimer's?
- Create Your Own Quit-Smoking Plan
- Nerlynx Approved to Help Prevent Breast Cancer's Return
- Dozens of Potential Alzheimer's Meds in the Pipeline
- Women Driven to Be Thinner When Husband Is Hot
- Special Training Plus Medication Might Help People With Advanced Alzheimer's
- High-Dose Vitamin D May Not Curb Kids' Colds
- Reducing Repeat Hospitalizations Doesn't Harm Patients: Study
- Little Evidence That Vasectomy Raises Prostate Cancer Risk
- Easing Opioid Dose May Improve Pain and Quality of Life
- More Evidence That Midlife Weight Gain Harms Your Health
- Most Women Should Forgo Ovarian Cancer Screening: Panel
- More Than 100 Million Americans Have Diabetes or Prediabetes: CDC
- As Efforts to Repeal Obamacare Fail, Future of Health Care Reform in Limbo
July 19, 2017
- Health Tip: Getting Too Much Sun?
- Health Highlights: July 19, 2017
- Health Tip: Preventing Diabetic Foot Sores
- How Princess Diana's Death Saved French Lives
- Early Menopause May Be Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
- Can Fetal Alcohol Damage Be Undone?
- Resisting the Seduction of a Buffet
- Doctors' Group Offers Ideas for Easing Cancer Costs
- 'Nipple-Sparing' Mastectomies Don't Raise Odds of Cancer's Return: Study
- 'Smart' Robot Technology Could Give Stroke Rehab a Boost
- Researchers Grow Functioning Liver Tissue in Mice
- As Your Weight Creeps Up, So Does Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Losing Medicaid Tough on People Battling Depression: Study
- Healthy Heart in 20s, Better Brain in 40s?
- Study Traces All Dogs to Gray Wolves in Europe
- Many Terminal Cancer Patients Remain in Denial
- Good Diet, Exercise While Pregnant Could Cut C-section Risk
July 20, 2017
- Health Highlights: July 20, 2017
- Health Tip: Talking in Your Sleep
- Health Tip: Ease the Pain of a Blister
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Tied to Slight Increase in Autism
- Sen. John McCain Has Brain Cancer
- Insured, But Still Barred From Top-Tier Cancer Centers
- Targeting 9 Risk Factors Could Prevent 1 in 3 Dementia Cases: Study
- More Patients OK'd for Cancer Trials Under Obamacare: Study
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Senator McCain Faces a Tough Cancer Foe
- Laser Therapy Shows Promise Against Eye 'Floaters'
- Wider Access to Meds Cuts Global AIDS Deaths in Half
- Travelers to Europe Need Measles Protection: CDC
- Scans May Show Consciousness in 'Comatose' Patients
- MRI Approved for Young Infants in Intensive Care
- Oxygen Therapy Revives Brain of Toddler Who Nearly Drowned
- What's Ahead for Health Reform in 2018?
July 21, 2017
- Health Tip: If Heartburn Doesn't Go Away
- Health Tip: Eat Less Sugar
- Health Highlights: July 21, 2017
- An 'Active' Workstation Won't Lower Your Job Performance
- Blame Diabetes: Rates of 2 Nerve Conditions on the Rise
- Surgery for ACL Tear Often Successful Over Long Term
- Estrogen May Influence Women's Depression Risk
- Making the Most of Childhood Wellness Visits
- Can Dirty Diapers Offer Clues to the Infant Brain?
- High-Dose Flu Shot May Help Nursing Home Residents Avoid Hospital
- Nearly 1 in 5 U.S. Adults Has Mental Illness or Drug Problem
- Donor-Sperm Kids No Different From Their Peers: Study
- Cows May Offer Clues to an AIDS Vaccine
- Here's Why a Soda With That Burger Is Especially Fattening
- Most Murdered U.S. Women Killed By Husbands, Boyfriends, Exes
July 22, 2017
July 23, 2017
July 24, 2017
- Health Tip: Adapting After Hip Replacement
- Health Tip: Avoid Recipes With Raw Egg
- One Stroke Raises Risk for Another, Even Years Later: Study
- Meds by Monthly Injection Might Revolutionize HIV Care
- Most American Men Qualify as 'Overfat'
- Can't Get to the Gym? Work Out in Your Office!
- Health Highlights: July 24, 2017
- Obese Don't Have to Lose Weight Before Joint Replacement: Study
- Just a Few Vaccine Refusers Could Endanger Many
- Obesity in Teen Years Tied to Colon Cancer Risk in Adulthood
- Treating ADHD May Help Curb Later Drinking, Drug Problems
- Videotaping Sleepers Raises CPAP Use
- Does Your Child Really Have a Food Allergy?
- Is Kissing Etiquette 'Hardwired?'
- Even a One-Minute Run Might Help a Woman's Bones
- Is the 'Anti-Statin' Trend Threatening Lives?
- Many Primary Care Docs May Miss Prediabetes
July 25, 2017
- Health Tip: Conserve Energy
- Health Tip: Identifying Varicose Veins
- Health Highlights: July 25, 2017
- Noise Pollution a Problem in Black Urban Neighborhoods
- 'Diet Foods' to Skip
- Walking the Dog, All the Way to Better Health
- Nearly All Autopsied NFL Players Show Trauma-Linked Brain Disease
- Senate Prepares for Health Care Vote
- U.S. Kids Overdosing on Dietary Supplements
- Bacteria May Explain Why Uncircumcised Face Higher HIV Risk
- Sperm Counts Continue to Decline in Western Nations: Review
- $100 Sweetens the Pot for a Colonoscopy
- With Pence as Tie-breaker, Senate Votes to Debate Obamacare Overhaul
- More U.S. Airports Offer Hands-Only CPR Training
- HIV Treatment Protects Uninfected Partner From the Virus
- New Surgery May Fix Tough-to-Treat Rotator Cuff Tears
July 26, 2017
- Senate Rejects Broad Repeal of Obamacare
- Senate Rejects Broad Repeal of Obamacare
- Health Tip: Encouraging Your Kids to Brush
- Health Tip: Help Kids Sleep Better
- Health Highlights: July 26, 2017
- Teaching an Old Brain New Tricks
- Time to Catch Up on Reading, Writing and Routine Shots
- Opioid Abuse Down in Younger Americans, But Up Among Older Adults
- Don't Put Off Weight-Loss Surgery Till You're Heavier
- Can Suicide Tries Spread Among Soldiers?
- Robotic Device May Help Gait in Kids With Cerebral Palsy
- In Mice, Brain Cells Discovered That Might Control Aging
- The Couple That Lives Together Shares Skin Bacteria Together
- Noninvasive Brain Test May Pinpoint Type of Dementia
- Tocilizumab Beats Steroids for Controlling Blood Vessel Inflammation in Study
- More E-Cigarettes, Fewer Tobacco Smokers?
July 27, 2017
- Health Tip: Choosing Healthier Frozen Foods
- Health Tip: Learn Your Risk for Asthma
- Health Highlights: July 27, 2017
- Melanoma Isn't the Only Serious Skin Cancer
- Can Dogs Teach Doctors New Tricks?
- Eczema Can Take a Toll on Adults
- Golfing and Gardening Your Way to Fitness
- Hearing Loss Rates Holding Steady for U.S. Teens: Study
- Binge Drinking Rates Dropping on College Campuses
- 'Super Moms' and 'Super Dads': Work-Home Conflicts Affect Both Genders
- Recognizing Nail Fungus
- Treatment Costs Can Be Another Blow to Cancer Patients
- Donor Kidneys Rejected by Centers 7 Times on Average
- How Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Wears Patients Out
- Could a Little Alcohol Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
July 28, 2017
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Salmonella
- Health Tip: Protect Your Skin at Work
- Rush Hour Pollution May Be Worse Than Thought
- Health Highlights: July 28, 2017
- Are You Eating for the Wrong Reasons?
- 'Eye Freckles' May Predict Sun-Related Problems
- Senate Says No to 'Skinny' Obamacare Repeal Bill
- How Savvy Are You About Nail Care Safety?
- Generic Eye Drops for Seniors Could Save Millions of Dollars a Year
- Vision Problems Can Harm Kids' Development, Grades
- Just Thinking You're Less Active May Shorten Your Life
- Too Soon to Widely Recommend Ketamine for Depression
- FDA Looks to Reduce Nicotine in Cigarettes
- Exercise Not Making Dent in Most Seniors' Down Time
July 29, 2017
July 30, 2017
July 31, 2017
- Health Tip: Preparing for an Emergency
- Health Tip: Worried About Lung Disease?
- Health Highlights: July 31, 2017
- Take to the Road on 2 Wheels
- 7-Fold Spike Seen in Opioid-Linked Fatal Car Crashes
- Netflix Series '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Uptick in Google Searches for Suicide
- Genetic Testing Can Help Pinpoint Epilepsy Earlier
- Country Kids Less Likely to Develop Bowel Disease Than Their City Cousins
- Aspirin Safe for Heart Failure Patients, Study Finds
- Stress of Flying Doesn't Dim Abilities of Search-and-Rescue Dogs
- Moving From 'Stroke Belt' Doesn't Undo Higher Dementia Risk
- Climate Change May Trigger 60,000 More Premature Deaths by 2030
- Earth Will Heat Up by End of Century
- Blood Proteins Linked to Severity of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Doctors Still Overprescribing Opioids in U.S.
- Drowning Can Occur Hours After Swimming
Daily MedNews Archive
2019January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
2018January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.