Daily MedNews Archive - April 2020
April 11, 2020
April 12, 2020
- Sheltering at Home? Take Steps to Prevent Injuries From Falls
- Boris Johnson Discharged From Hospital After Battling COVID-19
- U.S. Now Leads World in Number of COVID-19 Deaths
April 13, 2020
- Health Highlights: April 13, 2020
- Don't Believe the Hype: Bogus Products, Coronavirus Scams Abound
- Cheap, Effective Ventilator Made From Ambulance 'Resuscitation Bags'
- FDA Tackles Questions About Blood Donation, Face Masks During Pandemic
- Shut Down 'Wet Markets' to Prevent Next Viral Plague, Animal Advocates Say
- As U.S. Leads World in COVID-19 Deaths, Trump Pushes to Re-Open Country in Early May
- The Sooner Young Smokers Start, The Less Likely They Are to Quit
- Why Is Coronavirus a Bigger Worry for People With Diabetes?
- AHA News: Want to Help Overstressed ERs? Be Safe at Home
- Brain Plaques Signal Alzheimer's Even Before Other Symptoms Emerge: Study
- Your Sushi May Serve Up Parasitic Worms
- Even Light Exercise Can Speed Stroke Recovery
- Broiling in a Heat Wave? Wet T-shirt Can Safely Cool You Down
April 14, 2020
- Which Foods Might Reduce Your Odds for Dementia?
- When U.S. Re-Opens, Will Those Exposed to Coronavirus Have Lasting Immunity?
- Sleep Troubles Hit Health Care Workers During Pandemic
- AHA News: Understanding the Risky Combination of Diabetes and the Coronavirus
- Do C-Section Babies Become Heavier Adults?
- Another Study Finds Loss of Smell Is Early Sign of COVID-19
- Annual 'COVID-19 Season' May Be Here to Stay, Scientists Predict
- FDA Approves Koselugo for Pediatric Neurofibromatosis Type 1
April 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Can Trigger Serious Heart Injuries
- AHA News: Why Black Cardiologists Are Vital – and Rare
- As Coronavirus Pandemic Hits U.S., Experts Worry About Rise in Suicides
- Are Ventilators Helping or Harming COVID-19 Patients?
- Is It a Heart Attack or Just Gastric Bloating?
April 16, 2020
- Waging War Against Severe COVID-19: One Survivor's Story
- Low-Dose Aspirin Might Lower Odds for Digestive Cancers
- New COVID-19 Test Could Give Results in Under 1 Hour
- Asthma Sufferers Win When Coal Plants Shut Down
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise for Schizophrenia
- Juul's Sales Grew Even After Dropping Flavored E-Cigarettes
April 17, 2020
- Federal Guidelines for Re-Opening America Released
- Is It Allergies or COVID-19? An Expert Helps You Tell the Difference
- Blood Pressure Spikes at Night May Spell Trouble for Brain
- Is COVID-19 Causing More People to Suffer Heart Attacks at Home?
April 18, 2020
April 19, 2020
April 20, 2020
- We've Been Here Before: Lessons From the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic
- It Looks Like a Classic Heart Attack, But in COVID-19 Patients Other Issues May Be at Play
- What Will a Reopening of America Look Like?
- Benefits of Social Distancing Outweigh Economic Toll: Study
- Smokers, Vapers in Special Danger From Coronavirus
- Parent or Sibling With Colon Cancer? You May Need Colonoscopy Earlier
- Do Your Keys, Phone, Money Need Disinfecting When You Return Home?
- Pemazyre Approved for Treatment of Advanced Cholangiocarcinoma
April 21, 2020
- Health Highlights: April 21, 2020
- Could Tiny Blood Clots Make COVID-19 More Lethal?
- The Lowdown on COVID-19 Treatments
- Are Immune-Compromised Kids at Greater Risk From COVID-19?
- New COVID-19 Tracking App May Find 'Hotspots' Across America
- Nearly Half of Americans Breathe Polluted Air
- Poisonings Linked to Cleaning Products Are Rising Along With Coronavirus Fears
- Some COVID-19 Patients Stricken by Guillain-Barre Syndrome
April 22, 2020
- Dirtier Air May Bring More COVID-19 Deaths
- Bacterial Blood Infections Tied to Heightened Colon Cancer Risk
- Could Gout Drug Colchicine Help Fight Severe COVID-19?
- AHA News: Country's Former Top Doc Learned Resilience by Dealing With Disasters
- Fewer Americans Have High Cholesterol
- Most COVID-19 Patients Placed on Ventilators Died, New York Study Shows
April 23, 2020
- Reckless Driving on the Rise During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Lots of Drugs Are Being Tested Against COVID-19 -- But Will Any Work?
- Coffee May Do a Heart Good, as Long as It's Filtered
- Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories Abound, and They Could Cause Real Harm
- Study Confirms Safety, Effectiveness of Children's Vaccines
- Pneumonia More Deadly Than Hip Fractures for Hospitalized Seniors
April 24, 2020
- On Some Farms, Washing Machines Give Leafy Greens a Spin -- But Is That Safe?
- Could AI Help Doctors Map Out Treatments for Brain Cancers?
- FDA Warns Against COVID-19 Treatment With Drugs Touted by Trump
April 27, 2020
- There Aren't Enough Coronavirus Test Kits to Safely Reopen America, Experts Warn
- He Recovered From COVID-19. Can His Blood Help Others?
- AHA News: Pandemic Brings Another Threat to Forefront for African Americans and Latinos
- Some NFL Players May Be Misdiagnosed With Brain Disease: Study
- Isolation During Coronavirus Pandemic a Trigger for Depression
- Did the Movie 'Joker' Reinforce Prejudice Against Mentally Ill?
- Saliva-Based COVID-19 Test Might Be Alternative to Deep Nasal Swab
April 28, 2020
- Bats and Coronaviruses Go Back Centuries
- UV Light Won't Treat COVID-19 -- But It Might Disinfect Medical Gear
- Nanotechnology Might Help Fight Deadly 'Cytokine Storm' of COVID-19
- What Is a Pulse Oximeter, and Should You Get One to Warn of COVID-19?
April 29, 2020
April 30, 2020
Daily MedNews Archive
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.