How to properly use Compound W Liquid?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 7, 2022.
Compound W Fast Acting Liquid is used to remove some plantar warts on the feet. The bottle provides very little direction. So how do you properly use it? After applying the two coats, the skin/liquid turns white. Do you peel it off? Do you cover it with a bandaid? Do you just continue to reapply to liquid over it once I need to reapply? Or will it just fall off on its own? Also how will you know when the warts are gone?
According to the official instructions, you should keep applying Compound W Liquid one or two times per day until the wart is removed for up to 12 weeks.
This would suggest the time it takes is related to the thickness of the skin in the area the wart is formed. The wart should form a blister, crust or scab which should break up and fall off.
Related medical questions
- Compound W - First treatment day it is all white around, is this normal?
- Does duct tape really remove warts?
- I used Compound W on a plantar wart for a month and it has fallen off. Do I need to keep using it?
- How effective is Aldara for genital warts?
- Does Zyclara work for genital warts?