Can Gilenya cause weight gain?
Although weight gain is not reported as a side effect of Gilenya in the product information, blog posts suggest weight gain can be common with Gilenya, with some people reporting weight increases of 15 to 30 pounds.
If you notice excessive weight gain while taking Gilenya, talk with your doctor.
Weight gain can also be a common side effect of multiple sclerosis (MS), rather than due to MS treatments, because MS symptoms can make doing exercise difficult as can symptoms such as fatigue or being prescribed certain other medications, such as steroids.
- Gilenya reviews. Ask a Patient. https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=22527&name=GILENYA
- Gilenya. (fingolimod hydrochloride) Updated 05/2022. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation https://www.drugs.com/pro/gilenya.html
Related medical questions
- Can Gilenya cause high blood pressure?
- Gilenya and the covid-19 vaccine, what should I know?
- Can Gilenya cause headaches?
- Gilenya vs Tecfidera. How do they compare?
- What are the new drugs used for multiple sclerosis (MS)?
- How much does Gilenya cost?
- What happens when you stop taking Gilenya?
- Does Gilenya suppress the immune system?
- Where is Gilenya manufactured and by whom?
- How long does it take Gilenya to work?
- Does Gilenya cause hair loss?
- Gilenya Information for Consumers
- Gilenya prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Gilenya (detailed)