Tuna pita pockets
Medically reviewed on September 15, 2017Serves 6
This recipe calls for low-sodium water-packed tuna, which has about 200 milligrams less sodium than regular water-packed tuna.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) low-salt white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 3 whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, broccoli and onions. Toss to mix evenly.
In a small bowl, add the tuna and ranch dressing. Stir to mix well. Add the tuna mixture to the lettuce mixture and stir to combine.
Scoop 3/4 cup of the tuna salad into each pita pocket half and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 pita half|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|