Recipe: Spinach berry saladServes 4
This sweet and nutty salad is an excellent source of vitamin C, folate and manganese.
- 4 packed cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh, or frozen, blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (can be omitted)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion and pecans.
In a jar with a tightfitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||1 1/2 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
Last updated: May 5th, 2015