Recipe: Southwest chicken and beans
Medically reviewed on Jun 4, 2018Serves 4
This is a great alternative to traditional chili.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 15-ounce can unsalted black beans, rinsed under running water and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (onions and green, red and yellow peppers), chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to the skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add the seasoning mix, beans, corn, stir-fry mix and water. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently until the sauce is slightly thickened and the chicken is no longer pink.
Top with cheese and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Serving Size||About 1.5 cups|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|