Recipe: Seasoned rice mixServes 2
Medically reviewed on Jun 5, 2018
Keep this rice mix on hand for a quick and easy whole grain side dish.
- 4 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken-flavored, low-sodium bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup dried vegetable flakes
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine rice, bouillon, dried parsley, dried vegetable flakes, rosemary, marjoram, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well and store in an airtight container. Makes 6 cups of dry mix.
To make the seasoned rice:
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
Stir the rice mix to evenly distribute the particles.
Add 1 cup of rice mix to the boiling water. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let the rice stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
|Total Fat||1 g|